Wednesday 28 July 2010

Sewing update



I thought it was about time I updated on a bit of craftiness. I made this cushion for a friend as a very belated birthday gift.

It came together much easier that I expected it to and I really enjoyed just making something up rather than following a pattern or instructions. I had the fabric left over from curtains and quilting and just had to get some buttons for the fastening at the back. The idea for the pleating came from a skirt I have seen in an old instructions book. I thought it looked like waves, but in the end it was good just to have a bit of texture.

I like having these challenges and it always feels lovely to be able to give something that is a true original. And weirdly it does usually turn out OK, even if I feel like I am winging it at the beginning!

No comments:

Post a Comment