Monday 4 October 2010

Stopping doors


This has been languishing in the UFO box for a while, after being employed as football by a number of nephews. Having established it has great aerodynamics, I have finally finished it off and given it an identity as a doorstop.

I adapted it from a web based tutorial and am quite pleased with the way it turned out. It is trickier than I thought to estimate the size of things from a number of pattern pieces, which has resulted in this being bigger than I origanally intended, but better that way around. Pieces are easy to trim down.

The 'stalk' is a roll of felt handstitched together. As no-one can help using the stalk to pick it up I may have to make it a bit more robust!
It has been a busy few weeks for sewing, more posts to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment