Sunday 18 July 2010

Gliding


Earlier this year I was lucky enough to have a go at gliding, courtesy of a very generous birthday present. It's fair to say I was a bit nervous, much to the amusement of T.

It's the first time I have flown in 4 years following the onset of a severe dislike of airports (brought on by too many delays, uncomfortable seats and expensive food). Windrushers gliding club in Bicester was slightly different - the passenger lounge is a coach on the airfield and the pilots bring their dog to work. Far more civilised!

When I was finally in and fully briefed on how not to become an 'untethered object' in the cockpit, the whole thing passed by almost too fast. It took a few minutes to believe that the thing wasn't about to fall out of the sky and once you did, it was quite an amazing experience. I can highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment